Intempus Realty is a San Francisco Bay Area real estate brokerage company specialized in San Jose Property Management. With over 10 years of property management experience, we are able to provide via our local offices the top quality property management services for your Mountain View investment property.
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We are local area experts currently managing a portfolio of over 300 family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments in San Jose. Our goal is worry-free management of your property with low vacancy and high tenant retention.
AS YOUR PROPERTY MANAGER, WE WILL
- Evaluate Your Property and Help You Determine the Optimum Rental Rate In Your Market
- Market Your Property to Attract Highly Qualified Tenants
- Manage the Tenant Application Process
- Manage and Oversee Move-In and Move-Out
- Collect Rents
- Track and Initiate All Annual and Safety Inspections
- Provide Accounting Services
- Contract and Oversee All Maintenance and Repair Services
Initial Property Evaluation
- Meet at the property to discuss goals for the property and suggest an optimal rental rate
- Recommend improvements and repairs to maximize potential monthly rent and provide a good return on investment
- Discuss the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, smoking, etc.
- Install a lock box
- Clean and prepare your house for showing, ensuring the property is safe and in good repair
- Provide professional photography and property write-up
- Employ custom-targeted marketing strategies in all available outlets
- 200+ rental listing websites
- Social media marketing
- Signs, flyers, e-flyers and print publications
- Local realtors
- Partnered with Google, Apple, Ebay, etc. to ensure access to high quality tenants
- Meet and show your property to prospective applicants seven days a week.
- Provide prospective tenants with thorough, legally compliant rental applications
Tenant Application Process
- Thoroughly screen every prospective tenant
- Perform a background check to verify identity
- Run a credit check to verify income and rental history
- Contact landlord, employer and other references
- Notify you of all applicants and include you in the decision-making process
- Draw up a legally binding leasing agreement with agreed move-in date
- Continue to market until deposit is received at the office
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding rental payment terms, required property maintenance, etc.
- Grant access to Tenant Portal website.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed property inspection with tenant and have tenant sign a Statement of Condition
- Collect first month’s rent and proof of renters insurance at move-in if not yet received.
- Receive rents by due date
- Follow up with late payments
- Send out pay or quit notices
- Enforce late fees
- Perform annual safety inspection (inside and outside) on a predefined schedule.
- Report to owner all repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Provide property management accounting services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Document all expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting structured for tax purposes, as well as required tax documents including 1099 tax reporting form
- Advise on relevant tax deductions related to your rental property
- Provide easy-to-read monthly cash-flow statements with detailed income and itemized expenses
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hot-line
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Provide recommendations to maximize rental income
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Get multiple independent bids for larger projects
- Assign jobs to in-house employees, handyman or professional contractor based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Manage larger renovation or rehab projects
- Contract for gardening service
- Inspect unit and report on property condition after move-out
- Provide owner and tenant with condition report including estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward owner’s portion of tenant deposit or hold in owner reserves for repairs
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
City of San Jose
San José is the third-largest city in California and the largest city in the Bay Area, with an estimated population of 1,015,785. San José was founded in 1777 as San José de Guadalupe, the first civilian town in the Spanish colony of Alta California. When California gained statehood in 1850, San José served as its first capital. The downtown historic district is known for its architectural landmarks, from the 1883 Italianate-style Oddfellows building to Spanish Colonial Revival structures. San José is now considered to be a global city notable for its affluence and high cost of living.
San José has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with an average of 301 days of sunshine and an annual mean temperature of 60.5 °F (15.8 °C). Lying inland and surrounded by mountains, the city is has a semiarid feel, averaging 15” annual rainfall.
The large concentration of high-technology engineering, computer, and microprocessor companies around San José has led it to be dubbed “the capital of Silicon Valley.” Area universities pump thousands of engineering and computer science graduates into the local economy every year.
The 2016 unemployment rate has averaged 4.2%. Households in the city limits have the highest disposable income of any city in the U.S. with over 500,000 residents. Forbes Magazine ranked San José as the happiest place to work in the USA, citing a large concentration of technology jobs offering a high salary, opportunity for growth, and “fun and innovative work environments”.
San José is home to the NHL Sharks, the AHL Barracuda, and the Earthquakes of Major League Soccer. San José fields the San José Giants, a High-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, and the San Francisco 49ers call neighboring Santa Clara home. San José State is one of only three Bay Area schools that fields a Division I college football team.
San José possesses almost 16,000 acres of parkland in its city limits, including a part of the expansive Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge. San José’s trail network offers over 53 miles (90 km) of recreational and commute trails throughout the city. A 2011 study ranked San José one of the most walkable large cities in the United States.
The San José Public Library system combines the collections of the city’s system with the San José State University main library. The library has 23 neighborhood branches including the Biblioteca Latinoamericana which specializes in Spanish language works.
Rail service to and from San José is provided by Amtrak, Caltrain commuter rail service between San Francisco and Gilroy, ACE commuter rail service to Pleasanton and Stockton, and a local light-rail system connecting downtown to Mountain View, Milpitas, Campbell, and Almaden Valley. Plans call for BART to be expanded to San José in 2018.
All data from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California