Intempus is a San Francisco Bay Area real estate brokerage company specialized in Los Altos Property Management. With over 10 years of property management experience, we are able to provide via our local offices the top quality property management services for your Los Altos investment property.
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We are local area experts currently managing a portfolio of over 300 family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments in San Francisco Bay Area. Our goal is worry-free management of your property with low vacancy and high tenant retention.
AS YOUR PROPERTY MANAGER, WE WILL
- Evaluate Your Property and Help You Determine the Optimum Rental Rate In Your Market
- Market Your Property to Attract Highly Qualified Tenants
- Manage the Tenant Application Process
- Manage and Oversee Move-In and Move-Out
- Collect Rents
- Track and Initiate All Annual and Safety Inspections
- Provide Accounting Services
- Contract and Oversee All Maintenance and Repair Services
Initial Property Evaluation
- Meet at the property to discuss goals for the property and suggest an optimal rental rate
- Recommend improvements and repairs to maximize potential monthly rent and provide a good return on investment
- Discuss the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, smoking, etc.
- Install a lock box
- Clean and prepare your house for showing, ensuring the property is safe and in good repair
- Provide professional photography and property write-up
- Employ custom-targeted marketing strategies in all available outlets
- 200+ rental listing websites
- Social media marketing
- Signs, flyers, e-flyers and print publications
- Local realtors
- Partnered with Google, Apple, Ebay, etc. to ensure access to high quality tenants
- Meet and show your property to prospective applicants seven days a week.
- Provide prospective tenants with thorough, legally compliant rental applications
Tenant Application Process
- Thoroughly screen every prospective tenant
- Perform a background check to verify identity
- Run a credit check to verify income and rental history
- Contact landlord, employer and other references
- Notify you of all applicants and include you in the decision-making process
- Draw up a legally binding leasing agreement with agreed move-in date
- Continue to market until deposit is received at the office
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding rental payment terms, required property maintenance, etc.
- Grant access to Tenant Portal website.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed property inspection with tenant and have tenant sign a Statement of Condition
- Collect first month’s rent and proof of renters insurance at move-in if not yet received.
- Receive rents by due date
- Follow up with late payments
- Send out pay or quit notices
- Enforce late fees
- Perform annual safety inspection (inside and outside) on a predefined schedule.
- Report to owner all repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Provide property management accounting services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Document all expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting structured for tax purposes, as well as required tax documents including 1099 tax reporting form
- Advise on relevant tax deductions related to your rental property
- Provide easy-to-read monthly cash-flow statements with detailed income and itemized expenses
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hot-line
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Provide recommendations to maximize rental income
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Get multiple independent bids for larger projects
- Assign jobs to in-house employees, handyman or professional contractor based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Manage larger renovation or rehab projects
- Contract for gardening service
- Inspect unit and report on property condition after move-out
- Provide owner and tenant with condition report including estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward owner’s portion of tenant deposit or hold in owner reserves for repairs
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
City of Los Altos
Located in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Los Altos is one of the Bay Area’s premier communities, mostly due to the city’s natural beauty and convenient location between San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Los Altos is known for its beautiful parks and tree-lined streets. Homes in Los Altos are similar in size with Cupertino and Sunnyvale, from 2000 to 6000 sq. feet, but usually occupy larger lot sizes. Older houses are cozy ranch-style, but there are also many newer custom Mediterranean, contemporary, and traditional-style homes.
Homes in South Los Altos are significantly less expensive than North Los Altos, but typical prices are still well over $1 million. The median household income of Los Altos for 2009-2013 was $157,907. The average listing price in 2014 was $1.96 million. In 2015, Forbes put Los Altos (ZIP codes 94022 and 94024) as the 11th and 57th most expensive ZIP codes in the United States.
These expensive markets are concentrated around the high-tech industry, which has remained strong throughout the recession. As a result, many of these cities and suburbs are near the heart of California’s Silicon Valley. These are areas driven by the tech boom. Los Altos, for instance, is located 15 minutes away from the headquarters of such corporate giants as Google and Facebook.
So, the countryside charm and unmatched location make Los Altos a great place to live and invest. With our offices located in Los Altos, we will make sure that you are taken care of with all of your investment and leasing needs.
With over 10 years of property management experience that we use to our advantage, we are able to provide the top quality property management services for your Los Altos home. What sets us apart from others who also provides Los Altos Property Management services is our ability to always exceed your expectations through integrity and dedication. Intempus Realty is committed to your satisfaction. We provide everything from professional marketing with HDR photography and a wide array of syndicated web partners, to our very own in-house maintenance team and network of trusted vendors.
We understand what it takes to exceed our client’s expectations and can offer guidance and advice through the property management experience.